EonCoat • High Performance Primer for Steel
EonCoat is an industrial protective coating which is radically different than any other system on the market. With just one coat, you can protect your assets for their entire lifetime. No recoating, no regular downtime, no loss of earnings.
- Floating tanks
- Oil and natural gas pipelines
- Metal processing equipment
- Industrial plant
- Marine docks
- Offshore platforms
- Earth moving plant
- Waste water treatment plants
- Fuel storage & containment
The wide array of problems EonCoat successfully solves is far greater, and it is truly impressive. It manages to address issues and situations throughout all major industries and sectors, while its application advantages make EonCoat the absolute top choice when it comes to coating solutions.
EonCoat is specifically for protecting carbon steel.
EonCoat works by chemically altering the top layer of the carbon steel, making it non-reactive. So, instead of forming a sacrificial layer around the asset, it phosphates the steel, creating a two-micron thick amorphous magnesium iron phosphate layer. Then, to create a reservoir of phosphate corrosion protection, a ceramic layer forms over the alloyed surface.
This two-layer approach to protection outperforms all other market leading steel protection technologies. Tabar testing reveals that EonCoat is up to 9.6 times tougher than epoxies* and 16 times more wear-resistant than polymer paints.
* Tested on a Tabar machine with an abrasion wheel for the measurement of .001” wear, polymer coatings took 75 cycles, epoxies took 125-250 cycles and EonCoat took >1200
First and foremost EonCoat protects against chemical and environmental corrosion and because it is chemically bonded to the surface of the asset, it isn’t susceptible to scratching or abrasion either. Unaltered by real-world industrial conditions, EonCoat has a flame spread rating of zero.
EonCoat is proven in some of the most hazardous marine, industrial, infrastructure environments worldwide. The energy, municipal and heavy machinery sectors are also heading towards the use of this one-application, fast-return-to-service solution.
We are the registered distributor of EonCoat for the UK and Europe, so to find out more call us on 0800 0921 232 or take a look at the spec sheet.
Here's an example of how EonCoat can be of use:
EonCoat – The ultimate primer for permanent corrosion protection
Imagine if there was a performance coating capable of protecting your carbon steel assets from corrosion for the duration of its life, in just one application. EonCoat offers a radically different approach to carbon steel asset corrosion protection and forms the latest in our portfolio of high-performance industrial protective coatings.
- With just a single application to worry about, you can say goodbye to the regular downtime which is synonymous with polymer paint systems.
- Application is fast via a standard industrial plural component spray system, allowing a rapid return to service. It dries in minutes and lasts a lifetime.
- Because it is completely inorganic, EonCoat also has a flame spread rating of zero – it simply will not burn, even when exposed directly to flames.
- EonCoat offers complete corrosion protection for carbon steel and comes with a 30 year performance guarantee.
- Upon application, EonCoat phosphates the steel it comes into contact with, forming a two-micron thick amorphous magnesium iron phosphate layer – becoming part of the steel.
One of the world’s largest underground mines wanted to extend the life of a process hopper, that had been highlighted as suffering from corrosion to the lower steel cone during an inspection.